Tuesday 17 July 2012

Christmas Is Coming... Time To Think About...


The yummy treats I only make once a year...
At Christmas time.
Over the years I have developed my favourites and they have changed as I no longer feed a family but just myself... And perhaps a friend or two.
So I can indulge in ingredients a bit more.
I also love making something new.

Last year I found this recipe in an old 1992 'Home Beautiful' magazine...
And decided it was worth a try.
The top photo is how mine turned out... More fruit and nuts than cake...
But that's how I wanted it.
The recipe below made two cakes in loaf tins and I made two small ones in little round containers that I gave to friends for presents.
I didn't have any terracotta pots but that would be fun to do.
I still have a tiny bit left as I eat it slowly...
But it's time to start buying the ingredients for this year's cake...
And spreading the cost over a few weeks.
Same again I think!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment