Tuesday 16 December 2014

Pohara Daily Mail And News...


I was talking to a friend yesterday... We were discussing various
sunblocks for the summer... The New Zealand sun is very intense
and for most people a sun block of some sort is essential.
My friend mentioned a couple that made me shudder thinking
of the ingredients in them that have been proven carcinogenic.
So overnight I decided I needed to post her some information
about something better (in my opinion) that she might
like to consider... So I started my day with great intent!

But I couldn't rush into things... I had to get my priorities right...
So coffee in the shade came first...
In Pohara we are having our 2nd hottest summer day 
of 24deg, little wind and brilliant eye dazzling sun.
Rain forecast for the rest of the week but it probably
won't happen round here. The fire brigade water truck is
now a familiar sight as Pohara residents rely on rain water 
to fill their tanks and we have had one day of rain that
dropped about 25mm... And that's it.

This is the sun block I prefer... Oasis Sun... I discovered it this summer...
Have a look here... No nasties... No nano particles... Good
for face,body and all bits in-between! And it's made in New Zealand.
I bought a small size to try. It is like a lovely moisturising cream,
 rubs right in no greasy after effect. I'm going to buy a large bottle 
that I can replenish my little tube from.

So into the day... My sunglasses, phone, letter to post and a list...
In case I forget what I've gone for... You know how it is!
And off to the nearest mail posting box...

Which way to go... This way down Selwyn St...

Or this way past the Pohara Motels... which way has the
least busy traffic! Both lead to the beach... I decided that it's
such a beautiful day that was the best way to go and post mail.

Well I chose straight ahead along Selwyn Street and came to the
track to the beach...

And walked along the deserted sand... In the sun to...

The boat ramp... Oops... A few repairs being done ready
for the summer influx...

The rest of the ramp's ok though... It leads into Pohara's
Top Ten Camping Ground...

Past the little cottages...

And the fish cleaning area...

To the camp ground  maintenance area and place to book
tours and anything else you want to do that doesn't involve
swimming, lying in the sun or playing in the sand...

A map to find out where I (you) am...

A beautiful tub of flowers freshly watered this morning...

Past the shop entrance... I'll go back there...

And there is the mail post box plus rubbish tin and telephone boxes...
Hardly ever seen these days... And free WiFi and a table to sit at.
I went back to the shop with my list then...

Decided to wander back through the camp ground and see
who's there...

Not many people yet...

A dinky little caravan waiting for it's owner to come and
enjoy summer...

Somebody's washday...

 A couple of tents... one very large, I wonder if that's a
family's 'home' for the summer...

The rest of the sites are deserted. On boxing day people will
start arriving for their holidays and this whole camp ground
will become a 'cheek to jowl' minor city bursting out in every 
direction with people, cars, boats and all necessities for
a summer holiday.

At the end of the camping ground is access to a walkway...

You can see how dry it is and how little rain we have had.
There is a high fire risk and a total fire ban.

Looking out to the blue, blue sea...

Along past the Pohara Motels...

And having walked in a loop...Back to where I started... 
Not much traffic!

There's the cafe...

And my bus... Mail posted and I remembered a newspaper
so customers can read it while drinking their coffee...
P.S... I didn't forget the ice cream either!

No comments:

Post a Comment