Sunday 24 May 2015

Breakfast At Rakaia Gorge...

 I'm on  my way back to Christchurch. I've just spent a couple
of nights in the Ashburton area but left early this morning
and decided to avoid SH1 and tiki tour through Methven,
Rakaia Gorge, Hororata and call and visit a friend
on the Bealey Road near Aylesbury.
Ashburton was cold and frosty so I went seeking
some sun and ended up here...

 My view from my bus... The Rakaia River and bridge...

 Then looking further east along this huge braided river...

 I ventured out... Well wrapped up... This coat has been my
best South Island buy ever... All my layers of wool underneath,
and with wind proof/water proof leggings, two pairs of gloves,
woolen socks and boots... I'm set for anything.

 I walked to a lookout nearby... Looking west towards the
 mountains... I drove past the Mt Hutt ski field turnoff...
So snow around and more forecast tonight.

 A big over view to the east...

And of course... Collected a bag of pine cones for my fire
tonight. I'll be snug and warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment