Tuesday 27 May 2014

The Journey Continues... It Seems A Long Way

On my way to Christchurch... I hadn't planned to go there
just now but my Dad is not well... Needs help (I think)
so... It's Licorice Allsorts... And here we come!

These are photos I snapped on the way.
It's a lovely drive that I have done many times
but not for a while. It was a beautiful day...
Autumn colours, stunning skies...


Radiata Pine plantations...

I love the Black Beech Trees...



It's very different from the North Island bush...

I'm getting closer... How far will I get?
I don't think I'll make it to Christchurch today.


I stopped at  Kawatiri... To find gloves, scarf and coat...
It was getting colder.

Lewis Pass straight ahead... The sign said 'Road Open'
There's no snow about. I don't have chains and
can't imagine putting them on my bus anyway...
So it's onwards...

Bare trees...

A spectacular South Island braided shingle river.


 It's only just after 4 in the afternoon but it's getting dark...

I'm at one of my favourite places... A great stopping
place for the night...
So here I am... Parked on the side of the road on
a wide lay-by. This is the view from my door... 
The Maruia River... I'm off for a swim...
No not in the river... At the Maruia Springs
'Onsen' Japanese Style Hot Pools...
Sitting outside in hot water dwarfed by the
mountains, surrounded by mist and cloud...
As it gets dark... Magnificent

No comments:

Post a Comment