Wednesday 18 February 2015

Tomatea Point Reserve... A Place To Park?


I came here one day with a friend in her car and what a delightful spot. No room for us that day it was full of freedom parked motor homes buses and tents.
A couple of weeks later I went back... Planning to stay a few days... Parked here...

And thought it was close to paradise. I did wonder why only one other bus was there...
But others would turn up no doubt. I settled myself...

And had to take some photos... Looking from my door...

The dunes and short walk to the beach...

And off for a walk to look at this fantastic beach...

The tide was a long way out...

I thought I was in heaven... A walk along the beach... A glass of wine... Dinner on the beach maybe.
Meanwhile I walked around the little camp site...

Found the toilet block and a notice on the wall saying 'No Overnight Parking'...
I couldn't believe it. It definitely wasn't there when I went for a look last time.
Somebody has presumably taken exception to freedom parking there and the Tasman
Council has put up a sign.. Oh dear... So I sat in the sun for a while, had a small drink knowing I would have to move and considered where to go instead...

No comments:

Post a Comment