Sunday 23 December 2012

More Bedfords... Spare Parts... And Lance Cryer






Look at this little beauty... A 1950 Bedford K.
It wasn't for sale... It belongs to someone in Sydney.
When I looked inside... Definitely a work in progress...
But great possibilities... With creative ideas...
And lots of money... to get it on the road.


 I found it when I went to Lance Cryer's Bedford Parts workshop.
It's certainly the place to go...
When you need anything to do with Bedford parts
for any age vehicle... He is sure to have it...


Amongst his lifetime collection of  everything imaginable...


Parts and tools...


Screws... Bolts... Washers...


Bearings...


And Lance,  in his office with 'Snow' a beautiful Sammoyd...
Where he keeps tabs on everything...
From payments... to parts... to vehicles coming and going.


I paid a visit because I needed repairs...
To my front 'blinker' lights and park lights.
I parked here... In front of the workshop where another Bedford
was recieving some TLC.


And amongst the various 'spare' parts



And this tow truck...

The 'blinkers' needed the lens replacing... They were very old...42 years old in fact!
And one was leaking rust from underneath.
This is Wayne Cryer...
He found that the new lights didn't fit the curve of the bus...
They were too big...
So it was back to spare parts for those as well.

I had to take my bike off the front as one of the park lights
had a broken wire which was behind the radiator grill.


The lights came off...


It's always fascinating to see what is behind...


In this case... Rust... Which was treated


And the little park light also needed a new bulb.


Various lens to choose from... All old...
But any one would do the job.

 
And here's the finshed job... All done with 'spare parts'...
All back together again... And I'm on my way.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment