Monday 28 January 2013

Basil Pesto... Yummy


My basil kept growing and growing... It was getting too big in the basket
to support itself and was continually droopy
no matter how much I fed and watered it.

So it has had a hair cut...

And all the leaves are going to make pesto.

I whizzed them all up with garlic and lovely olive oil and parmesan...
Added walnuts...

And here is the end result... Delicious and yummy.

I've put it in the freezer as I've found this is the best way to keep it's lovely green colour.

HERE IS THE RECIPE
2 packed cups basil leaves
2-4 large cloves of garlic, peeled
3/4 - 1 cup good quality olive oil
1/4 - 1/2 cup toasted pinenuts or walnuts
Puree until a smooth paste.
I put the nuts in last so they are a little chunky.
Store in fridge or freezer in small containers.
Ice block cubes is ideal.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Just made some of your basil pesto! Yummy - thanks for the recipe! Vonni

    ReplyDelete