Sunday 27 January 2013

Hooks To Catch The Fish...


I have my new fishing kite and the dropper line...
Which, of course, needs hooks on it if I want to entice the fish.
The hooks on these semi 'long lines' go on the
end of a  piece of nylon gut called a 'trace'.

 
 Hooks, tied on with a fancy knot called a 'Long Line' Knot...
These traces fit onto a trace board.
I had never heard of all this fishing stuff and terminology
before I started getting more serious about fishing...
That's why I'm explaining it all to you...
In case like me you don't know these things!

So I bought the trace board and have been learning how to make traces...
The knots to tie and  how to make them the right length
to fit the board... It's all quite technical.
At the other end from the hook is a thing called a 'Snood'



It's a clip that goes onto the long line.

 
I had some old traces that were made for a longer board
So I reused the hooks and nylon.
I threaded the nylon through thin clear tubing...
It stops the trace line from tangling...
I put on a coloured bead... The fish might like them...
I'm told it adds interest or 'bling'.
Then measured the length and attached the nylon
with a 'Clinch' knot.

Here's the finished end result... Traces that
are a good tight fit on the board...
Ready to go fishing.
The wind has changed so I'm relocating to the
West coast and have been told... By the experts...
Just the spot where the snapper will be lurking...
Posted by Picasa

1 comment: