Monday 26 August 2013

I've Discovered Marimekko...

While I was in Christchurch I went with my
friend who makes the teddy bears you have seen on my blog
and who also creates and makes beautiful patchwork...
To 'Bolt of Cloth'.  It's a beautiful shop that has re-opened in
'The Colombo' after loosing their previous premises in the earthquakes.
 They stock Marimekko...
I had never heard of it but now I've fallen in love.



Marimekko is a Finnish textile and clothing design house
renown for its original prints and colours.
They produce their designs on fabric, tableware, bags
clothing... Do have a look at both the links...
I'm sure you will love them
And if you are in Christchurch visit 'The Colombo'
apart from this marvellous shop there is excellent
coffee and food.



I was tempted and bought a cushion cover...
A mug and two little plates.
It was a very hard decision and took several visits to
'Bolt of Cloth' as everything is outstanding.
I finally decided on this one... It's called 'Kompotti'


Here it is in my bus...


It's so bright and lovely


Looks good on my couch and in the kitchen.
I already had the yellow cushion and the red kettle


So breakfast and coffee time...


Or tea time... I'm loving it.
I also bought this candle at the same shop.
It's Lumino the perfume Jasmine. It's New Zealand
made so you would find them lots of places.
I burn it day and night, it's divine.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment