Friday 13 March 2015

Golden Bay... Time to leave...

 The day finally came when it was time to leave Golden Bay. I  had
been there for months... Almost become a 'local'... Done lots of
exploring... Met lots of people... But Christchurch and visiting
my father again beckons me... So...

 When I took these photos there had been no rain this year, that's
for eight weeks and you can see how dry the countryside is...

 Even this old house, well it once was a home I'm sure... 
Looks as though it's going to fall over...

 The rivers are drying up...

 The paddocks and hills are brown... A high fire risk...

 A little bit greener here as I get closer to 'the hill'...

 The road is open... And over I go...

 Green at the top...

 The road winds it's way round the side of the hill...

 And down the other side...

 Tasman Bay in view...

 And back to my favourite spot at McKee Reserve...
It was packed with all sorts of vans, buses, tents and people
so I was lucky to find my favourite spot vacant...

 Looking at the sea...
 The big expanse left at low tide...

 Coming almost to the bus door as the tide comes in and...

 Goes out again... It's one of my favourite South Island places.

I stayed here three nights, visited friends in Motueka then three
nights in Nelson visiting friends. I can see it's going to take me
a while to get to Christchurch... so many places to explore.

1 comment: