Sunday 15 March 2015

Jester House Cafe... You Must Stop Here...

Jester House... It's a cafe I've wanted to stop at for years but the
time has never been right... Until now. It has a reputation... 
Won awards... It's owned by the brother of Jane and Andrew Dixon 
who own the Mussel Inn which is wonderful and unique so I
 assumed Jester House is the same... And it is...
It's at 320 Aporo Rd, Tasman... Check out theweb site here.

 
 Everything about it is creatively quirky...

You can drive, bike or walk there...

There is sculpture and art at the gate and scattered through the gardens.

Over the entry bridge... The little creek below where the eels live!



It was Sunday and full of people. It hadn't occurred to me to book...
Silly me! But they fitted me in.

 
 Chess... To play while you are waiting...
I sat here by the wishing well... What did I want to wish for...
Well that's secret!

Another little eating place...

In the bush is a childrens play area and hut... tucked away so 
imaginations can run riot while parents sit leisurely over the
delicious food...

I had a Ploughman's Platter... A board piled with all sorts of breads,
cheese, pickles... I've eaten most of it, and a glass of Golden Goose
brewed at the Mussel Inn... It's almost gone too!

Followed by a latte in a gorgeous quirky cup.
I was in no hurry to finish my lunch and leave. It was a delightful
place to linger...

Then... At the bottom of the garden, a ladder down to the creek...

And the tame eels... All lurking in the hope of food...

Which you can buy in the cafe.

Do call in if you are passing by... A lovely food and drinks menu
and all ages catered for.

No comments:

Post a Comment