Tuesday 17 March 2015

Marfells Beach... Where I Am Today...

This is where I am today... Marfells Beach on the wild east coast of the South Island of New Zealand, looking out  to the vast Pacific Ocean.  It's part of Clifford Bay just south of the Lake Grassmere salt works.
It's a bit windy and wild, maybe the tail end of Cyclone Pam, but the wind is from the south, both whipping the foamy tops off the waves and also flattening the sea considerably.

I've been lots of places between Cable Bay and here but will update you on all that soon. I seem to  be constantly trying to catch up with myself.

I've driven up and down the east coat of the South Island all my life but I've never been here before, I had the impression it was a desolate place, but it's lovely. I think I have a real affinity with the wildness of parts of the east coast, I've been staying and camping at various places since I was ten! 


Looking out my door...


Mussel Point in the distance...



An abundance of seaweed and driftwood...

The hill and pine trees, a good source of fire wood,  behind me.
I'm parked in a small DoC Camp. I will go for a walk soon and take more photos...


No comments:

Post a Comment