Thursday 26 March 2015

Ward Beach... Walking To The Seal Colony....



The next day after meeting and chatting with some of
my neighbours.. I set off for a walk to find the seals...

The wind had changed to a howling northerly...
which flattened the sea and waves a lot... But it's a
spectacular part of the coast...

Thick kelp... Lots of it ripped off from the roots by the
viscious tides...

Amazing rocks...

The tide was out but on the turn, so I walked carefully as I
had no idea how quickly it would advance up the stones.

The line of rocks in the far distance are my goal...

The whole stretch of beach I walked along was all stones and 
rocks, huge driftwood logs and kelp...

And an unbelievable amount of seaweed piled up here.

Another big expanse of stones...

Nearly there... I'm blown inside out...

I found one lonely seal... Who must have heard or smelt me
on the wind and sat up to keep a sharp eye on me.

Looked like a big male daddy to me... Very territorial...

Tangled kelp...

Foaming waves...

And I'm homeward bound again...

Tramping through the stones...

Wonderful barren hills, home to a lot of rabbits...




And back to my bus...

No comments:

Post a Comment