Tuesday 13 November 2012

Holidays... And The Increasing Waistline!


I seem to do a lot of eating while I am on holiday.
This is my friend Maureen... It was her birthday...
So we went out for breakfast.
Not sure whether she is anticipating the food or counting the calories!
She had waffles, bacon and banana with maple syrup.

Waffles with maple syrup... Mmmm... My favourite.
Bacon, eggs... And hiding underneath the crispest hash brown.
Lovely coffee... Toast, whipped butter and jam.

This is my favourite Christchurch restaurant...
It opens early at 6am and closes at 2pm...
And if you don't book don't expect to get a table...
It's a very popular place.

Drexels... It's been  in Christchurch for years.
There used to be two but the one in Hereford St in the CBD is no longer...
It was an earthquake statistic.


Now it's in Riccarton and on the back of the menu
I was interested to see they have opened in Wellington.


The menu is extensive...
Don't know if you can read it but you can probably enlarge it...


And choose what you will have.
I have been so many times over the years...
But now I always have the same thing...
More or less.


Waffles... with something...

The eggs are delicious... Cooked however you want them.


I tried an omlette  one visit...
Had to have a doggy bag... It was enough for lunch.




The smoothie is another delight...
Great for an early lunch...
But I love the waffles.
Don't forget to book.

2 comments:

  1. What a great place - I think we would be very happy eating there! Looked it up on the internet, and to our surprise there is one up our way in good old Wellington! Definately worth a visit.

    ReplyDelete