Thursday 1 November 2012

Travels Of A Different Kind... To The City of Earthquakes...


 

I'm off on different travels for a while...
Down to Christchurch in the South Island to visit family and friends.
From Ray's Rest I drove to Rotorua...


And parked outside a friends  place...
At the bottom of her lovely garden.
You will notice that I have left my potted garden behind...
In the garden under the tree... To be picked up when I return.



I had found secure lock-up parking...
A place to leave my lovely home... For a while...
It was hard to leave my baby but I'm sure she will be alright...
Locked up behind barbed wire and electric fences.


Only 3 minutes walk away from the Rotorua airport.
I had heard about flying on standby so decided to give it a go.


It wasn't a very busy airport but there was one direct flight to Christchurch
And I was lucky enough to get a seat on it.


I waited 3 hours for the plane to arrive...


Rotorua is a place with a lot of Maori history...


It was Haere Ra - Goodbye...



And I was on my way to the city of earthquakes...

No comments:

Post a Comment