Friday 7 March 2014

The Gypsy Fair

When I finally moved on from Picton, I went to Nelson.
One of the things I wanted to do there was
go to the Gypsy Fair and meet up with the
people I met previously met on my travels...
The Gypsy Fair is such a colourful place with
crafts and talents bursting out of every stall...
All sorts of stuff made from wood...
This stall had a wonderful selection of essential oils,
beautiful New Zealand  honeys and candles
to dip in colours of your choice...
The 'Lucky Star' refreshment caravan...

And a meeting place for all ages to sit in the sun.
eat, drink coffee and chat...

This is the clothes stall. I was interested in this and
looked through all the racks hoping to find a dress,
skirt or trousers that would be a comfortable fit for me
while my leg continues to heal...
This was a stall that sold a sorts of wind chimes and
'things' that moved and twirled in the wind...

Here are Joss, Gary and  Charlie Brown in Beisama
people in their Bedford I met at Vinegar Hill...
Selling their Jade, Paua, Sterling Silver and Bone
jewellery... Both dressed up for the day and 
thoroughly enjoying it...


There caravan workshop... Beautifully hand painted
using real fern leaves which they sprayed around...

Here is 'Snow Goose' that I introduced you to in a
previous bog post. It was great to see it all set
up and the hard work of Kaye and Chris 
on display and for sale...

I love these windmills with their bright faces...
Dancing in the sun...
Kaye with all her painting...
Chris with his wonderful New Zealand creatures...

 Made from Harakeke - New Zealand Flax...

And the colourful wind socks... With their long trailing tails...
This little girl had enjoyed having her face painted. and
was very happy to pose for a photo. She told me she
looked like her cat at home!...

There were buses of all sorts, shapes and sizes but this
was a real cute old gypsy wagon. It towed a caravan which 
folded down to make a stage occupied by two musicians
one of whom played an Australian Digeridoo. Unfortunately
they weren't there, I would love to have seen and heard it...
 
And this is my friend Jypsy Jude... Who painted
the 'Licorice Allsorts' name on my bus.
 She is very clever... Painting a portrait here...

Her very creative van...
A glimpse inside...

And more of her paintings.
If you like this sort of thing her van is for sale...

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful. Good to see the Gypsy Fair's still in great shape...

    ReplyDelete