Sunday 20 April 2014

Rocks... On The Beach... And Climbing...

 There are amazing rock formations all around this area
but particularly at Pohara and Paynes Ford, ten minutes
drive south from Takaka town back to the Takaka River.

These are some photos I took on yet another rainy day
as I walked along the beach. These rocks are the cliff face
around the road...

These are on the beach.
 Sharp and jagged...

 

 A storm water drain flows out to make this little 'creek'.
I have spent many happy hours here with my two
grandsons when they were younger... Playing
and making dams and swimming.

 
 The tide leave pools where all sorts of treasures might be
found... Crabs, shells...

 Rock climbers come here from all round the world.
I think they're amazing...

The rocks that is...


Rock climbing is definitely  not my 'thing'

1 comment: