Saturday 9 March 2013

People I Meet On The Road... No 5... Trevor



I was parked in the Kaitaia RSA (Returned Services Assn) car park.
They are a very hospitable RSA and welcome
house buses and motor homes.
I had made myself 'at home' there...
It was very hot parked on white concrete...
So a cold beer in the air conditioned RSA club rooms
seemed like a very good idea.
And there I met Trevor...
When visiting any RSA if you are not a member
you need to be signed in as a guest by somebody who is a member.
So at random I asked this man... Trevor.
It turned out that he is the, about to retire, president...
He has lived in Kaitaia for 40 years...
Has a finger in lots of pies also businesses in Auckland...
Has just sold his house and...


Now lives in his big luxury bus.
He is tying up loose ends attached to his 40 years in Kaitaia
and about to explore and enjoy living on the road.


He was going to bring his bus to visit
but instead came in his car....
Had a look at my bus then told me he was going flying...
Another string to his bow!
So when he came back I walked to visit him...


His bus is about 10 meters and beautiful.
I don't know how old but much newer then mine.


He tows a small car behind...
Which makes him quite a long entourage.
Might be difficult... Or impossible... To travel round some of the narrow
windy gravel roads that lead to some of the more beautiful
wilderness places in New Zealand...
I'm particularly thinking of Port Jackson at the end
of the Coromandel Peninsula...
Those who have been there
might agree?

It's a beautifully appointed home...
But not very self sufficient or off grid...
Which have become my passions since living on the road.


A very comfortable bedroom with mirrors and wardrobes...


And a sitting area where he is in the process of putting
in a new, bigger table.
So meeting Trevor at the Kaitaia RSA
was a great surprise... I don't know why...
But it was.




Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment