Tuesday 25 November 2014

Motueka River... Fishing... Or Not!

I went to the Motueka Market on Sunday morning... That's yesterday... Bought some lovely fresh rye bread, some ripe new seasons cherries and strawberries and some courgettes to make some fritters... I don't have any whitebait or cockles just now...
Then moved on to park at a POP property just over the Motueka River bridge, thinking I would make my first venture into fresh water fishing in this river...

This is the drive in... Left to the river and right to park...

Here I am... It's a nice property, very hospitable, ridiculously cheap, only $2.50 a night plus $2 for a lovely hot shower...


It's a beautiful sunny day... I'm parked for the sun, I'm the only vehicle here so I can take up as much room as I like. The view to the road from my door...

My chores are done... I did my laundry in Motueka and put up my clothes line to hang it all in the sun...

So now I can have breakfast... It is beautifully warm. I've bought a new chair... I've made coffee... Put some cherries and strawberries and yoghurt in a bowl, rye toast with avocado... Yummmm... My new Organic NZ magazine... I'm not moving all day!

But I did eventually... Partly because the sun disappeared and partly because I wanted to go and look at the river. When I arrived and drove over the bridge the river had changed from being half full with lots of shingle bits to walk up or down the river on, to being full and flowing bank to bank. The  Motueka River starts way up near St Arnaud, it had been snowing and raining so of course it all flows down to the sea. 

Bank to bank in both directions...

I don't think fishing or catching my first trout is on the agenda today.
Oh well... Back to my magazine and answering some emails and my blog... And my laundry is dry...

No comments:

Post a Comment