Sunday 10 January 2016

My Next Three Nights... At The Star Tavern Pop...

After walking the Cape Foulwind walk from the south end I drove to the north end to have a look and found this wonderful place to park. It's a mown paddock nex to the Star Tavern and it's totally free. unless you use power.



I was intrigued by these palms beside my bus... All growing out of a fallen trunk...

This is where I parked and my view out to the amazing and frequently changing Tasman Sea.
This is a reserve area, the paddock where I am parked belongs to the owners of the pub.
At the far end of this grass is a steep track that goes down to the beach below...



Amazing rocks sculpted by the harsh winds over the centuries...


And... Around the beach a bit further are these flat rocks covered with millions of tiny blue mussels...

But if you look a bit further, where the waves still wash over the rocks at low tide, there are big fat mussels for the taking...

And of course I did... Along with a couple of others also parked there... We fossicked together...
What a feast...

Mussels fritters for dinner of course... After we had patronised the pub and sat in the garden in the sun and enjoyed a beer or two... Lovely locally made Westport organic lager...
I stayed here three nights and could have stayed much longer... But more adventures were waiting for me...



1 comment:

  1. I know the spot , have had swim there and taken photo's much like yourself.

    Nice one & nice bus too!
    Cheers
    Jimu

    ReplyDelete