Wednesday 11 July 2012

Early Morning Departure...


Having spent the weekend at Ahipara then with a friend in Kaitaia...
Parked at the bottom of her drive...
Monday morning was cold and frosty.
It's 7.45am... The ground is white... Mist in the distance.
The sun is coming...
But parked where I am in the shade I have to wait for it to come over the hill...
And past some trees.

The moon was still  up...
A spectacular Far North morning...
In the supposed Winterless North...
Not really!
I moved onto warmer places.
Not far south, or really east if you look at a map...
On State Highway 10...
Is beautiful Cable Bay.
I pulled off road... Again...
Parked in the brilliant sun and made coffee.
This is one of my favourite... Amongst many... Far North beaches.
I think I could park here for a few days without anybody objecting. 

I
I continued on... Stopped at Kerikeri... No shopping this time...
Onto Whangarei where I stopped to pick  up my mail and my DoC Pass...
That I have just renewed for another year... $175 to park for 2 weeks at a time at any DoC Camp in New Zealand... Except at the peak Christmas holiday time, when my pass is not valid and, like others, I have to pay a nightly charge.
And here I am, again at Utretiti... Just in time for the sunset.

No comments:

Post a Comment