Saturday 7 July 2012

Off Road Freedom Parking...


From Kerikeri I drove about 2-3 hours to Kaitaia and on to Ahipara.
I used to live in this area and Ahipara, at the southern end of Ninety Mile Beach, is one of my favourite places.
I love the huge expanse, the beach goes forever... 
And disappears into haze...
The sand is rock hard...
The waves crash as it's on the West coast.
I had a fabulous walk in the southerly wind and amazing fresh air.

I had been communicating with a friend about where we each find to park...
She is more cautious, and perhaps sensible, than me.
I park mostly anywhere that is 'off road' and seems safe and not too isolated and
not blocking the view of people in nearby houses.
So this was my 'off road' park in Ahipara... Right beside the sand and sea...
Million dollar site and views.
 

The beach looking north...
Just the birds for company...
And they didn't have much to say.
 
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment