Wednesday 18 July 2012

A New Quilt For My Bed...


When I bought my house bus I wanted to furnish it with sea and sand colours.
The floor is wooden and the couch and chairs are beige suede, the walls are painted white.
So that gives me plenty of scope for adding colour.
The first thing I found was a floor mat...
A 'rag' mat made in India... All different blues.
Then I found this quilt... Also hand-made and dyed in India... At the same shop...
Trade Aid, in Whangarei.
The colours are perfect... The underside is a plain blue which gives more colour for the winter...
The top is patterened...
There is a range of blues and green.
Underneath, for warmth  in the winter I use a feather duvet in a white cover.
Now I'm looking for some cushions.
I saw some in Palm Beach, Sydney... I might have to go back there!



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment