Thursday 5 July 2012

A Few Days in Russell, Bay of Islands...

 
 

Russell is a delightful place... For a short while the first capital of New Zealand... Full of history...
Lovely eating places... Lots of walks and beautiful beaches.
I have been coming here to visit friends for the last 18 years.
It hasn't changed much.
For most of the year a quiet tucked away place but over the summer
and particuarly Xmas the population expands and it hums with all sorts of activities.
Boating and fishing are always good.
144 Islands (I think)  adventures to be had everywhere.
I was last here last April. I left for a couple of days to go to Paeroa where I bought my Bedford bus that is now my home.
I left a lot of ny belongings here thinking I would only be away a few days.
But adventures took me here and there and only now have I finally got back to retrieve all my stuff.
It's nice to be here though and spend time with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment