Monday 17 September 2012

I'm On My Way To Russell, Bay of Islands... Bland Bay...


The day had come... It was time to pack up and leave my 'retreat' that I had had to myself for a week and drive back over the hill and face the world again.
It was amazing how reluctant I was... It had been such lovely 'time out' and so peaceful.
My first stop was Bland Bay.

This is a picnic area, where I am stopped, further along the beach is a large camping ground which in the summer is totally full.
It's a very popular place for swimming and fishing.
Usually very sheltered by the hills and rocky out-crops...
To day it's a howling north-north-east wind and sand flying...

A couple of brave walkers with dogs have passed me but otherwise the beach is deserted.

More farmland... The wind doesn't seem to bother the cows...
I don't like it though so am moving on to find a more sheltered spot to spend tonight...


This is the map... shows you where I was and where I'm going!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment