Sunday 16 September 2012

It Was Wash Day...


While I had access to plenty of water I decided I would do some laundry.
I was using my last clean tea towel and had a pile of dirty sheets...
So... In my flexi tub I mixed a 'brew' laundry liquid and 'Vanish" whitener.
I have a plunger with holes in it as an agitator...
I leave this for a couple of hours, agitating now and then... Then rinse.
Everything came out sparkling clean!
 

It's all hanging on the line in a good wind.
My next 'load' was some sheets and pillow slips.
I left those out over night and was woken at 6am by a strong wind so had to rescue them from all round the paddock where they had blown. But they were all dry... Before it rained.
I was pleased with my efforts. It was all quite easy. Usually I take my linen to a laundry somewhere...
But it's quite expensive and I'm wanting to be more self sufficient.
I still have some more dirty linen but I am going to visit some friends who have...
Of all modern conveniences... A washing machine!
So I will use that.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment