Sunday 1 April 2012

Travelling South...150km in a week!

Te Ngaire Bay was my home for a night. I reluctantly moved on from Tauranga Bay and followed the road round to Mahinepua. I intended to stay there, it's another beautiful little bay, but the wind was a gale and blowing right in so I kept going past Wainui (look at the map posted a few days ago) to Te Ngaire.
I tucked myself at the end of a little road that went nowhere except to the beach. It was out of the wind and sheltered.
I was surrounded by empty holiday homes so had the million dollar view and accommodation all to myself. Quite deserted as you can see, when I walked along the beach.
I moved on again the next morning over the hilltop, Matauri Bay in the distance.
The wind was fierce and nearly blew me away when I stopped to take photos.
So I left the Far North behind...
It took me a week to travel, stopping lots of course as my blog has reported...
150km to Kerikeri in the Bay of Islands, Northland.




Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. It does take a time getting somewhere.
    Or anywhere really.
    Sometimes you never get there.
    Or if you do,
    it's always good to go somewhere else.
    Sometime...

    ReplyDelete