Friday 20 April 2012

Touch Down In...Palm Beach, Sydney...

I have taken flight...
With wheels of a different kind.
I left my home in Paeroa...
And embarked on a long, long journey...
Well not really but it did take most of a day.
I got a public bus in Paeroa to Auckland...
2 hours.
Stayed the night with a friend then...
A bus from Ponsonby to the city...
1/2 hour.
A bus to the airport...
1  hour.
Sat around for ages, had lunch, read a book...
As you do at airports.
Then wheels and wings to Sydney...
3 hours.
Sorted out my phone with an Aussie sim card so I'm up and running online...
Then a train to Sydney city...
1/2hour.
Waited around - again...
The bus to Palm Beach...
1&1/2 hours.
I finally arrived in this paradise to stay with my daughter.
This morning...
So typically Australian.
It's warm and sunny and as you can see in the photos the deck overlooks the vast Pacific Ocean mixed up with the Tasman Sea.
There's been a storm here, gale and rain and lightening which has left heavy swells and pounding noisy waves.
The guests of the morning are the coloured Rainbow Lorikeets, we fed them powered nectar so they come in flocks.
Also the big white Cockatoo's they like a cracker for breakfast.
We, us mere humans, are having pancakes...
Yum.


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. O Angela it looks fabulous.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. wauw you are such a cool old lady! read the bedford post, really cool because my boyfriend has an old bedford from 1971 himself and we travel a lot in it!
    I´ll be following you! want to follow back? I´m doing a nice GIVEAWAY at the moment.

    http://mercedes-artenciel.blogspot.pt/2012/04/new-giveaway.html

    Kiss Kiss Mercedes

    ReplyDelete