Sunday 8 April 2012

A Sunday Drive...

 Up, up and away.
I'm on the road in my new House Bus.
This is my 2nd driving lesson and the start of a whole new journey.
This bus is a 1970 model so nothing about it is automatic.
It's got power steering which is essential for me.
It's got a large steering wheel, 6 gears, a manual indicator...
That I need to remember to turn off.
It's got an old brake that takes 2 hands...
Or one stronger it seems than mine...
I'll get used to it.
Meanwhile we have worked out another way of starting uphill on the handbrake.
So I had fun on the road on a Sunday drive.
Starting uphill...
Doing U turns...
Backing - I'm going to install a reversing camera.
It's too hard to judge the distance 8 meters behind me with only wing mirrors.
My marvellous tutor Chris, with loads of patience tells me I'm doing well.
I'm not ready for the city traffic yet though.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment: