Friday 6 April 2012

My Wish List...

Since I moved to live in my motor home on the road full time I have had a dream of a bigger vehicle.
I've been looking and looking at all sorts of vehicles and developed a 'wish list' of my ideal bus.
First it had to have character...
Not be ordinary like 10,000 others on the road, so maybe it would be older...
A Bedford maybe?
I wanted power steering...
Not in a Bedford people told me.
I wanted the front drivers and passenger seats to swivel to be part off the sitting room area...
Well Bedfords are old and don't do that.
I wanted beautiful condition...
Old vehicles I have looked at usually have so much rust, are tatty, old tyres, peeling paint...
No thanks, not for me.
I wanted style, a bit of class...
No pink bedspreads or purple curtains or patterned couches.
No animals or smokers smells.
I wanted something simple in design and layout, plenty of cupboards...
I wanted a bedroom with a view...
To be able to lie in bed at night and look at the stars.
It also had to be warm...
I would like a little fire...
And then...
My friend Keith rang and said with great excitement...
"I've found your bus here at Paeroa, get down here, I've got first option on it for you" so convinced was he that this was 'my' bus.
"There is another buyer in the wings, he doesn't quite have the cash.
Come down immediately.'
It was a 7 hour road trip from Russell in the Bay of Islands in atrocious weather conditions.
I arrived exhausted.
As soon as I stepped inside my spirit soared and I knew the trip had been worth it.
Keith had been right...
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Thanks to Keith and good for you.
    We have been on board this rig and were impressed - we agreed we could live in it very well - very few rigs have we said that about.
    The next chapter awaits ...........................................
    As someone once said "Bedfords Forever" ... .... ....

    ReplyDelete