Thursday 19 April 2012

Remember this?... It's Worth Complaining...


Posted by Picasa
Remember me writing a few days ago about meeting with Prejudices...
Well here is the outcome to my complaint to the council with which I am delighted. 
 
 (Steve Hart, TCDC Bylaw Contract Officer) said:
I have read the officers report and also considered the views submitted by both yourself and your friend. There is a significant disparity between what was said by all those involved.
The Officer involved is employed by a contractor who provides parking control services to Thames Coromandel District Council. I will be meeting with the contractor and will pass on your comments. Rather than get involved in who said what at the time I will firstly withdraw the parking infringement and will ask the contractor to discuss several issues raised with the officer as I feel it could have been handled better.
The key point that was confirmed in the photos provided was that the carpark was virtually empty at the time. If the car park was full then perhaps there may have been some merit in trying to accommodate the bus in an alternative location.
For this reason I apologise on behalf of Council as there was no "Inconsiderate Parking" parking offence committed and we discourage our parking officers (whether contracted or staff) becoming involved in verbal altercations.



No comments:

Post a Comment