Saturday 7 April 2012

I'm So Excited...





Posted by PicasaAfter a 7 hour drive and feeling exhausted I stepped into this lovely looking, from the outside, bus.
I must say I was wondering what to expect.
I had been sent photos, but they can be deceptive.
Well...
I was stunned and overwhelmed.
I just sat and looked for a while and absorbed.
These photos give you a glimpse of what I was seeing...
And so much of it is on my 'Wish List'.
It is beautiful...
It has class, it was featured in the Metro magazine a while back.
It has character.
The front driver's and passenger seats swivel into the sitting room area.
It is simple in design and lovely soft muted colour scheme...
No pink or purple anywhere to be seen.
It has lots of drawers, cupboards and pantry space...
A 120 litre fridge/freezer...
A lovely 'L' shaped little kitchen with full size oven & 4 gas hobbs.
Beautiful wooden floors and table.
Big windows that open and plain white pull down roller blinds...
So no patterned clutter.
Walk through to the bedroom with a full length wardrobe on the left...
And the bathroom on the right.
The bed is east/west, exactly what I wanted and notice the window...
To look at the stars.
There is no fireplace but a top of the range diesel heater.
I will change the name to...
Licorice Allsorts.
You can see where I will sit to drive it...
In time...
I'm having lessons.
This bus is a 1970 Bedford VAS.
Ten years ago an Izuzu 6BD1 motor was put in.
It has a 6 speed gear box with overdrive.
And...
Yes, power steering.
It's Gross Laden Weight is  5.5 tonnes.
In New Zealand on 1st April the rules changed for Class 1 and Class 2 licences, allowing vehices of up to 6 tonnes to be driven on a regular Class 1 car licence...
So that's me - driving my new home on the car licence that I have.
I move in next Tuesday...
I can't wait!


2 comments:

  1. Yep - it is nice allright - and its got a Japanese Bedford motor ( Izusu )
    - we are very pleased for you - enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great, just you all over!! Well done.

    ReplyDelete