Monday 23 April 2012

My Eighth Decade... More Fun and Adventures

 For some reason I feel that turning 70 is quite a milestone.
Im at a hard earned place in life where I am retired and can please myself.
I have recently made a hugh change of lifestyle which  you will be aware of if you have been following my blog.
I am delighted with my new home on wheels and the freedom it gives me to go wherever...
I also enjoy meeting others doing the same thing and the camaraderie that develops.
I have a family...
My father who, next birthday, will be 94. He is well and healthy and well looked after by family who visit and the retirement village in Christchurch where he lives.
I have 3 adult children...
One in New Zealand, one in Sydney, where I am visiting, and one in Taiwan.
I love visiting...
They are all doing well for themselves and are independent.
In this respect I am very fortunate.
I have 4 grandchildren...
One on the Gold Coast of Australia. He and his wife have 4 children, 3 are triplet girls, nearly two...
That's the next birthdays to celebrate.
So they are my great grandchildren and all fit well and healthy.
My granddaughter lives in Perth, Australia.
My two youngest grandsons, age 12 and 10 live in New Zealand.
So I am surrounded by family who make no demands on me.
As I celebrated my birthday yesterday and started my 8th decade, I paused to ponder how blessed I am with my family and my own excellent health.
I am excited and so looking forward to new adventures and the people I will meet and the things I will do.
I hope you will keep joining me on my blog.
Thanks to many of you who sent me birthday wishes.
I was really spoilt. My daughter cooked a lovely basil, out of the garden, & feta omlette for breakfast.
We went out for coffee and found a market to explore on our way home.
The afternoon I napped in the hammock on the deck to the sound of the sea.
We went for a walk to the next beach then dinner at the local 'Sushi Train'.
I love Japanese food and it reminded me of visiting this same daughter in Japan in 1996 and the fun we had together, which we reminised about.



Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Ang!
    Keep on doing what you're doing.
    Enjoying and getting the most out of every day and continuing as you live in the now, to be an inspiration to others...
    Your family and friends have good reasons to be very proud of you as you embark on a lifestyle many much younger would shirk away from, and most, even as 'couples' are too scared to contemplate a journey on the road less travelled.
    Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the " On the Road 70+Club"
    You meet the two requirements - being over 70 and on the road and you do it so well.
    Your family must be very proud of having such a cool Mum/Grandma.
    May the sunrise on many more champayne days.
    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete