Friday 19 October 2012

Fire... Paeroa RV Centre


I have spent the last two nights at the Paeroa RV Center.
I bought my Bedford here...
From the couple who were managing it at the time.
They have been away but are back now
so it was great to catch up with them...
Although I think they were a little sad that this
Beddie is not theirs any more...
And it is looking different.

Part of the RV Centre is a very sad sight...
There has recently been a major fire... As some of you will know.
It happened at 4.30am... Still dark in the early hours of the morning...
The large concrete slab was the foundation for a large storage shed.
It housed 14 vehicles, a brand new car delivered the day before...
And was home to two cats.
All totally destroyed. It was such a furnace the fire brigade could do nothing but let it burn to the ground.
Each vehicle had at least two LPG bottles... Explosions everywhere...

These are the charred remains...
 

Plus this vehicle... The only one not insured...
 

It's still waiting to be taken away.
It was a tragic thing for the  people with vehicles stored...
All shapes and sizes and values...
Some fully insured... Some not.
It's made me re-assess my insurance with Covi...
The motor-home and house-bus speciaists..
And make sure I have adequate cover for both my
 vehicle and the contents...
Just in case...
Some people lost very personally valuable treasures.
I feel very sad for them...
 Knowing how my bus is my home and the all-sorts
I have tucked away in her.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment