Monday 29 October 2012

Time To say Goodbye... A Wonderful Bedford Rally Is Over


The day had come... The weekend had raced by...
And it was time to leave.


Time to say goodbye to new friends...
And the fun and laughs we had enjoyed together.

Time to begin to say goodbye to all the mud...
Although I still had to get off the blocks I was on and drive out... Maybe!


I loved this little Caboose... It arrived late in the weekend with a lovely couple from Hamilton.
They were very gracious in letting us have a look through their treasure...
Built by the current owners father many years ago.



They lowered down a deck that folded up against the side...
First the floor then the roof which was held up by air struts
pumped up by the vehicleair brakes.
They had some very clever canvas sides for it...
So it made a large sheltered outdoor deck.



Goodbye to more mud...


And friends who gathered to discuss everything under the sun...
From engines... To various repairs...
Some had had their buses for many long years.
I learnt a lot... That wasn't hard to do!


Goodbye to this amazing little Gypsy wagon...
It was fascinating... I loved all the creativity...
But couldn't live in such a 'crowded' space.


Goodbye to the history that will sit and wait for another year...



Goodbye to my row of neighbours who arrived willy nilly...
And who I got to know and enjoy... Such diversity...



And more goodbye's to the mud as the
Caboose got towed out backards.




I wonder what new tales these old buses will tell next year...
What they weill have seen and heard... 
I don't think they wil have moved far!


And goodbye to Joan, who with her husband
Merv were my immediate neighbours.
We weren't allowed to wear name tags... No rules or regulations.
So she made lots and stuck them all over!
She told me I could learn to be more self sufficient...
If I bought a grease gun she will give me a lesson next year...
In greasing my bus...
As these old girls need greasing every 6 months... She said.


 
This was the way out...
 I followed in these tyre tracks of the bus before me...
And I made it  amid lots of cheering...
As my back wheels skidded and spun...
But I made it...



Till next year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment