Friday 12 October 2012

My Latest Haircut... For Better or Worse?


I had enjoyed five lovely days at Uretiti... But... As the Walrus said...
Way back in 1872 in Lewis Carroll's poem 'The Walrus and the Carpenter'
It was time to (talk) think of other things.
I desperately needed a haircut. I was feeling very wild and woolly.
So I made an appointment in Warkworth...
With a recommended hairdresser...
Seeing I was going that way.
I couldn't wait to get there... You know how it is!


These photos are the result... After a windy walk along the beach!
Just what I wanted... Not too short... A sharper shape...
And something that would look after itself without too much fiddling on my part.
In the last year or so my hair has decided to be madly curly...
No matter what I do... It does it's own thing.
Which is great for my 'On The Road' lifestyle...
A hairdryer is a waste of time and effort... So that's easy!


It also had to withstand the beach... Wind... Fishing...
And be able to be taken out to dinner when invited!
I feel much better... In the dark I look 10 years younger (haha)
And there's room for it to grow again.
White hair is difficult stuff... So the wilder and more ecentric the better...
Lots of people think this lifestyle is odd... And off-beat...
So me and my hair will be odd together!

No comments:

Post a Comment