Monday 15 October 2012

Gears Plus... Clutch Plus...Air Hose Plus...


Here are my gears... Ready to put back in my bus
It was decided they don't need to be re-located nearer the brake...

So back in they go...

Fitted back in place under the floor frame...

The screws go in...
The gears are amazing... So tight and defined.
There are six gears... 1st and reverse on one spring to the left...
2nd and 3rd on the middle spring... 4th and 5th on the right spring and...
6th further right on a spring of it's own.
I had a good look before the floor went back in
and could see how they all work.
And they do actually work and can be found now...
No more flopping all over the place and being elusive.

Farnie is the sort of mechanic who pays attention to things others seem to have passed over.
So next was to replace the fuel filter...
 I had one and asked him if he could do this...
It's located somewhere amongst the wires at the top right corner...
But he found it.

Then the air hose... It had holes in it - pretty obvious really...
But apparently they let dust in so...
That was an easy job, it got cut off and there was
plenty of length to re-attach.



Leon... Contemplating what has been done and in particuar the clutch...
It had been slipping... I didn't think it was my imagination.
Farnie had done whatever was needed to fix that...
Then put in some clutch fluid...

 

The white container on the left is where it goes...
But having been filled up it wasn't going through
to where it needed to go...
So that was all taken out and cleaned.
You can see the block on the clutch pedal...
That's because I find it difficult to reach and push down.
The clutch is now soft and easy and all the play is close to the floor..


.
So it was decided the seat should be shifted forward... 80mm...
The bits bolted to the floor stayed put, but the seat was taken out and the runners re-adjusted...



Here the clutch fluid is filled up, working and the lid on...
 I always wondered what that bit of equipment was for - now I know.
And you will see a block twice the thickness
has been put on the clutch pedal.
I feel  like a kid when I was 2 or 3 and had blocks on my new tricycle pedals until I grew a bit...
Well I'm not going to grow any more...
So these blocks are there to stay!



And... Here we are all together again...
Everything in it's place...
And what a difference...
I left Warkworth heading south...I did wonder... I was aprehensive...
There were a couple of steep hills...
But... The gears are a dream.
I can change gears quickly when going uphill... 
No holding up the traffic because I can't find the gears
 and come to a standstill.
The clutch is soft and works easily... And I can now reach it.
What bliss... It's now a pleasure to drive... 
I can put my stress pills away!

No comments:

Post a Comment