Saturday 13 October 2012

Omaha... The Most Beautiful Beach... With The Most Ugly Infrastructure Ever...

 
Look at this most beautiful divine sea... the amazing colours.
While my bus was being repaired I went to this beach - Omaha.
It's out to the coast from the lttle town of Warkworth.
There used to be just a few baches here - small holiday homes...


I went for a walk... It was like a postcard... but it was real.
It was a fabulous day... sunny, little wind...
It's school holidays so families and kids playing and swimming.


Not quite the endless deserted stretches... But nearly...


 
 But sadly it  has been built up to be one of the most expensive ugly places full of million dollar
grey and brown all look-alike boxes.
It's a long time since I have seen anything so hideous.
I went here for coffee before I walked round a few of the streets ...
There are several shops here, more square boxes...
And a real estate place - that's how I know the prices!
These monsters are along the  narrow walk-way I walked along to the beach.
These walk-ways are the only way to access the beach...
Developers have been allowed to build right into the dunes...
No reserves along the beach or play areas ot barbeque areas...
Only expensive ugly square boxes.


Street after deserted street of all the same houses...
Lots of them are for sale at exhorbitant prices.


I'ts the last place I would want to buy property or live...

But still they are being built...

Lots of empty sections for sale...

 
And more streets... And houses.
This is a self made pretentious little community sitting on land that should be accessible to the public...
Shame on the councils that allowed this.


1 comment:

  1. You are so right. I used to know the area well. Well before the ugly developers and their ugly clients moved in. Our ugly prime minister has a ugly beach house in this ugly place.
    All anyone cares about is money and profit making.
    That's why the world is such an ugly place...

    ReplyDelete