Tuesday 17 December 2013

Lots Of Basil In My Basket... So Making Pesto


My basil has been growing... And growing. While I have
been in hospital friends have been watering it.
I couldn't let it go to waste... So decided to make pesto.
 

My friend Mel who has come to stay... Also at Katheen's
where I am staying... Cut all the stalks and leaves off.
We had a big pile on the bench.
 

I can sit at the bench on my 'perching'
stool and do things for short lengths
of time... Which will get longer.
 

Here is the end result. We couldn't wait to try
it... Mmmm... Delicious. We had it over pasta
with a salad for dinner. So fresh!

RECIPE
2-4 cups basil leaves
Garlic - as much as liked
3/4 cup quality oil - I use organic olive oil
1/4 cup parmesan cheese - or to taste
1/4 cup nuts - I used 1/2 cup pecan's
Whizz leaves, garlic & oil add cheese.
I add nuts last as like the pesto a bit crunchy

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment