Friday 8 August 2014

Flying North... A Holiday For Me...

 Well... I have flown off to supposedly warmer climes...To have 
a holiday for a month, visit friends and do nothing much
but look after ME! and recover from looking after Dad
and to give some attention to my leg which was broken
and is recovering but needs a visit to my Dr up here and
some physio and massage to find out what is going on.
This is Christchurch as I left... Cold, brilliant sun and the
magnificent mountains covered in snow.

 From the air looking back over Christchurch to the south east
the houses, New Brighton and Sumner on the hills...

 The Waimakariri River... A big shingle braided river...

 The river mouth... Good fishing I wonder...

 We left the coast behind...

 Snow over the mountain tips...

 Then we reached Auckland... Cloudy, grey...

 The Waitemata Harbour... Rangitoto Island at the back left...

 Some of the huge sprawl of houses...

And the Auckland runway... Grey and raining.
I had a wait then flew to Kaitaia which was
also windy and raining.
I'm still waiting for some of the Far North
hotter weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment