Saturday 9 August 2014

The Far North of New Zealand... Cable Bay...

 Yesterday I went to Cable Bay. Looking across the water
of Doubtless Bay... The little blimp in the middle is Mt Puheke...
 
 Tokerau Beach on the  far side...

 And looking south along to Coopers Beach...

 The golden sand...

 Across the water to the little settlement of HeiHei...

 The coloured broken shells... Hundreds of them...

 The swirling water...

 Incredibly clear rock pools...

 And the sprawling Pohutukawa trees...
This beach the sand and views epitomizes The Far
North to me...
 
The houses developing on the hill in the north facing sun.
I still think this area of New Zealand is my favourite
place... I could live here... I will bring my bus back again
when the weather's warm enough to fish and swim.
 

1 comment: