Thursday 28 August 2014

Maitai Bay... A Far North Magical Place

 My last day in The Far North... The beach was a must...
So Carolyn and I went off exploring in the sun...
This is where we went... Maitai Bay at the top of
Karikari Pensinsula where there is a DoC camp.
Looking at the bay from the top of the sandhills.

The gap in the rocks out to sea... It was a perfect day...

 We walked from one end of the beach...

 The rocks and swirling water...

 And inevitable Pohutukawa  trees clinging tenaciiously
with their twisted roots to the rocks.

 And back along the warm sand...

 Paddling in the blue, blue water...

 We found some dead and dehydrated  Porcupine Fish...
Sometimes called Blowfish or Pufferfish...
Lethally sharp spines on their back. I wouldn't
like to stand on one of those!

 Right round to the far end of the beach... to the rocks...

And more Pohutukawa trees.
The Far North is my favourite area of New Zealand...
How many times have I said that before!
I was sad to say goodbye... But I'll be back.


In the evening the weather changed to a wet sultry display...


A dark evening to say farewell... For now.

No comments:

Post a Comment