Monday 20 August 2012

Interior Decorating in My Bus... New Cushions...


A friend lent me this book... Full of beautiful photos of beaches and rooms and outdoor areas.
It was exactly what I was looking for... Full of colour... And beach and sea themes.
This book has been my inspiration as I have changed things in my bus to make it 'mine'...
I have white walls, a wooden floor and beige/sand colour seats...
Beige blinds... so the change had to come through accessories.

I have spent ages looking at this book getting ideas... Then ages looking for new cushions.
As I have shown you before I amazingly found my floor mat in the exact colours at Trade Aid...
But cushions were very elusive.

Just look at the blues... And sea greens... and the bit of yellow...

And more blues... A bit of green... White... Sand... I love it.

This page in the book is a change of theme to a bold green and red...
I have incorporated red with my new kettle and red wine glasses...
But I haven't introduced the green yet.



The corner of my kitchen looking through to my bed...


Here are my new cushions...
I was introduced to a lady who sews... She was willing to make me some new cushions...
She even came with me... My book in hand... To a shop with a large range of fabrics...
We fossicked and compared and finally found the colours that are so dominant in the book...
And what I wanted... They also had to go with the floor rug...
There is one more to come... A stripe incorporating all the colours plus an orange/red.

I'm delighted...
They will get shifted around as the mood takes me...
And onto the front seat as I need one to prop me up as I drive

And also to mix and match on my bed... Four different blues and sea greens... All blending..
And yellow for the sun.
Yesterday I bought some cream taffeta... Next thing is new curtains in the bedroom and bathroom...

No comments:

Post a Comment