Thursday 23 August 2012

Movies... Movies... And More Movies!

 

 Whichever way you look at them...
It's a lot of movies.
A friend who lives on the road was having a clearance sale...
So what an opportunity to add to my collection.
On rainy days and on the longer nights of winter...
I will be able to indulge in one of my passions...
I'm sure you will recognise some of the titles - old favourites and new ones.
A few nights ago I watched 'The Social Network'... I didn't see it when it was on at the theatres.
I loved it... A great story of a very enterprising young man... What a brain...
Now the youngest ever millionaire or billionaire... I'm not sure.
It's interesting having watched that movie to read in the news where Facebook is at now...
On the Public sharemarket... The highest ever IPO... But as people realise they have bought shares in nothing tangible... They are dropping in price!
Last night I watched 'Shooting Dogs'... The 1994 story of the 800,000 Rwandan  people killed in 100 days in the genocidal violence between the  Hutu's and Tutsi's. The film was set in a school that became a refuge centre protected by the French UN who withdrew knowing  the 100's left there would be slaughtered.
It is filmed at the actual location where these events took place and a number of the genocide survivors make up the film's cast and crew... Well worth watching.
Some other movies I have... 'Flashdance' and 'Educating Rita'... A good oldie...
On my tv say 'Wrong Region' but this morning I discovered they will play on my laptop.
Hurray!
They are tonights watch I think...


I have my tv balanced on my books at the end of my bed... so snuggle under my duvet...
With a cup of tea... and it's movie night!

No comments:

Post a Comment