Wednesday 8 August 2012

Small Spaces...Living Inside My Bedford...


I'm parked at Uretiti DoC Camp... Again... I love it especially during the winter when not so many people are there so lots of space and privacy.
It's also wonderful in the summer... A short walk to the beach for swimming and fishing.
I took these random shots inside my Bedford.
This is where I live. I'm very happy...
As I make it 'mine' and adapt and change things a bit.


I'm always looking for ways to better utilise space and have recently put in these bags...
Two on each side for magazines and maps...

Below is looking down the length of my bus... It's about 7 meters long.
You can see my rubbish bin... It's two stainless pots inside each other...
They get used for lots of things apart from rubbish...
Heating water... Mixing scones or bread... Catching rain water...
Cooking Crayfish and shellfish...
Right up the front you can see where I have relocated the stereo speakers...
And in between those the original number of the school bus it once was...
I've got  a messy pile of CD's up there too...
They are waiting to be put onto my iPod.


 

This is my table and desk and... My only flat surface apart from the bench...
It's not enough... So am trying to think of creative ways to increase this space...
Or put another table... Or?
I would also like some more comfortable chairs.


I recently found my stacking 'office' baskets... They are great and tend to get piled up with all sorts of things.
My fruit basket... It will be too hot up there in the summer
as the warm air from the fridge vents there but it's ok for now.
My recipe books... I only have a few with me... I am finding that my eating and cooking is simplifying...
But it's nice to have them. My favourite cooking author is New Zealander...Annabel Langbein.


This is my kitchen and bench space... Gets a bit crowded at times but it works very well.
I have hung up my wine glasses (top right)... And have a collection of things used daily on the little shelf round the gas hobs... The ubiquitious roll of paper towels... a bottle of olive oil... My coffee espresso... The teapot and gorgeous little Japanese tin of Japanese green tea... There is my pepper grinder, a jar of Himalayan salt mixed with kelp, a jar of french dressing that I continually top up and use on my lunch time salad every day. I always have a lemon on the go and a small container of almonds to nibble on.
I like to filter my drinking water and my dish drainer is a folded tea towel.
In this photo I'm making some yoghurt.


This is the dressing table corner of my bedroom. Again it's tiny but works well.
I'm going to get a little ledge built along it so I don't have to put things away when I move.
The cupboard underneath is full of bottles and potions that I absolutely have to have!



My mirror plus a magnifying mirror for detail... Can be a bit scary if I look too close!
There is a very convenient light over it for make-up titivating.


The other end is my library... There is also an old radio that I will take out.
The bed is the place for my guitar during the day... I want to learn to play it... I have a 'Teach Yourself' book.

And here is the sun... My bed is a great place  to lie and read.


Inside my wardrobe... A small hanging space which is not really enough for bulky winter coats.
My basket of 'stuff' that I lift out every morning to use while I am  getting dressed and doing 'female' things.
Underneath that... The red box is the home of my printer...
I don't use it much really... I'm learning to do things differently.
My clothes brush... And the broom handle... In case you can't work out what it is.


My clothes drawers... Again I could fill twice as many... But!
The broom... Coz it's the only tall cupboard...
Living in a small space has certainly challenged my traditional thinking of where things live.
There's also my scales... They are really frightening just now and not going in the direction I want them to... Don't know why!
And the 'must have' fire extinguisher... I have two of these.

So that's my small space... Any suggestions welcome.

1 comment:

  1. I love learning stuff about your bus and seeing the photos. Amazing that you permanently live in such a small space.

    ReplyDelete