Monday 28 May 2012

Another Book I'm Reading...

 I've been sick with the flu and spent the weekend in bed getting well.
I'm up and about today, feeling much better but still sneezing and nose blowing.
I hardly ever get sick, and when I do it's always the same thing - a cold or flu.
Daily I take the full regime of vitamins and minerals, especially vitamin C.
Now, more than usual I am eating raw garlic, ginger,onions...
All to endeavour to boost my immune system - which is where all sickness and disease starts.
Pursuing health, anti ageing medicines and uncovering the pharmacutical lies and marketing myths and greed, is one of my passions in life.
Primarily for myself then to pass onto others.
While I was in bed I started reading this book - it's a follow on from 'Health Wars' which I have already told you about.
Written by Phillip Day it puts the principles of longevity and healthy eating into action.
Phillip says he is strong, vital and has been disease free for 25 years...
I met him at a seminar recently and the evidence was before my eyes.
It also enlarges on the six principles of longevity...
1. Live in a toxin-free environment (as best we can)...
2. Strive to be an alkalised body system (80% akaline 20% acid)...
3. Be well hydrated - eat real salt (Himalayan)...
4. Eat natural, properly constituted food, a high percentage raw...
5. Exercise properly by regularly raising your heart rate...
6. Maintain an overriding optimism and positive spritiual outlook for the future...
My current goals are to drink more water...
2 litres a day not including tea, coffee, alcohol or soda's...
He provides 46 reasons why we should...
And do something more about exercise...
Lack of exercise produces a lowering of the body's immune defences and it's ability to absorb oxygen and keep circuation flowing freely.
Do you know that a brisk 20 minute walk activates fat-burning enzymes for twelve hours...
So a walk every 12 hours!
Interval exercise is best - which varies your heart rate with short bursts of intense activity - maximum heart rate is 220 minus your age.
So I'm thinking what to do about this, living, as I do in my house bus...
I think a bike would be the answer.
I can carry it with me...
And use it whenever I want to...
Every day!


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment