Friday 11 May 2012

Water... Water... And Not A Drop To Drink...


I had run out of water...
Oh dear?
I am very economical with water and at Uretiti DoC Camp there are fresh water taps so never a shortage...
But my 210 liter tank had run dry.
I suspect it's the marine toilet I have that is using all the water.
I emptied the grey water out onto the sand and there wasn't much...
So where has all the water gone.
Because I don't have any starter batteries or an alternator just now...
Still waiting for the alternator to be fixed...
Auckland must be a bit of a slow place!
I can't move my bus...
So the water had to come to the bus.
Too far to run a hose, also the taps here are very peculiar.
The best water flow taps have no handle to turn them on...
So a 'key' is needed...
Which I have.
I don't know what Doc woud expect people to do in the case of a fire?  No water.
So it was fill up all the 10 liter containers then, thanks to my friend's brain wave...
Pump it into the the water tank with the 12 volt bilge pump.
I have a 12 volt extension cord so it reached from the front of the bus where I plugged it in, out the door to the back of the bus where the water tank is.
9 trips to the water tap and 180 liters of water and the tank was full.

No comments:

Post a Comment