Thursday 24 May 2012

Early Morning View Out my Front Window...

This morning I pulled up my blinds to be confronted by the dazzling lights of Auto Tech's workshop.
Shock horrors!
Was this the 'real' world of people going to work?
No...
I'm sure I live in the 'real' world in my bus mostly at the beach somewhere.
But I am very thankful for the guys at Auto Tech, they help to keep my bus going and safe on the road.
 Last night I parked in their yard in Whangarei.
Three little jobs needed finishing.
A spanner fuse - somewhere amongst the new battery set up...
A fuel gauge sender in the diesel tank so that the fuel gauge on the dashboard is correct...
And the flashing ignition light fixed - whatever the problem might be.
Well the first two got done, no problems, while I went shopping...
Yes again!
The ignition light turned out to be more of a problem.
I needed a new regulator - it lives in the engine close to the alternator that has just been repaired. Apparently one affects the other, and the regulator - for those who are ignorant like I was...
regulates the charge going into all the batteries...
I'm learning fast!
So an overnight stay was required while the part was delivered, the work was done and I was off.
Today I'm off...
Back to the beach where 'real' life happens.
A south west wind for long line balloon fishing this afternoon...
Posted by Picasa

1 comment: