Sunday 13 May 2012

Wisdom... Or Hindsight...

I saw this sign on the footpath outside a shop recently. It caused me to stop and, obviously, take a photo...
But also to consider the truth behind this thought.
Is life a game?
There is no restart button...
Unless you believe in reincarnation or similar.
So it made me wonder, what would I do differently if I had the opportunity...
What would I want to do again...
What do I want to do now...
If I could press restart, where would I go back to...
What age...
What event.
Or am I happy where I am, using the past as wisdom for the future.
Many philosophers would say we only have today...
Yesterday has gone...
Tomorrow may not come...
So for me I value today, I live it as if it was my last, have fun, love myself and others. Do something significant...
A walk, read a book, have lunch with a friend, enjoy the outdoors.
I'm doing all those things right where I am...
Today.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment