Saturday 19 May 2012

Gourmet Food From the Market...

I'm back in Whangarei parked in the Town Basin for a week. It's very central so I can walk to most places.
This morning I got up early and walked to the market.
It is a place of food delights.
I am limited to buying what I can carry home...
That's a good thing.
Today I found some Dutch cheeses, the 'Very Old Edam' won the 'Cuisine Champion Cheese Award 2012'.
I also got some Cumin & Blue.

To eat with these, some German Rye and Sesame seed bread
and a little onion baguette.
Some home made passionfruit curd and apricot & date chutney...
Extra large organic eggs...
Organic Sundried tomato & basil sausages and some fillet steak...
From Waima Hill...
It's so hard to find organic meat.
Spray  free avocados, capsicums, tomatoes...
And mandarins from Kerikeri, the seller told me haven't been sprayed for 25 years...
He also told me the supermarkets won't buy off him...
Shame on them.
Beautiful garlic...
Gluten free Pepperoni Salami from Kaitaia...
Some Orongo Bay, Bay of Islands, Oysters.
Crunchy little carrots.
My baskets were heavy but I made it back to my bus.
I will be feasting this week.
We are totally spoilt at this market, growers and producers from all round Northland.
All I need to do is go and buy it.
If you are in the area do visit, it opens at 6.30am till 10am...
So the early bird catches the worm.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I don't see any worms there but the rest of it looks good enough to eat. Hope to see you soon...

    ReplyDelete